Summer Florals

12:04:00 PM


Happy Monday guys! I hope you all had a great weekend! I know Mondays can be pretty rough sometimes, but I think they can also be seen as a fresh start. At the end of each week, I like to take some time to reflect on the past week. And, in honor of getting close to coming to an end (can you believe it?) I’d like to reflect on a moment that really made me think about how much I’ve changed and grown over the past few years.






I was at the nail salon the other day when the client next to me made a comment about my appearance, and the amount of makeup I was wearing. Not only was it just plain rude, but it completely caught me off guard. I’ve always been the type of person who loves spreading positivity wherever I go, and I think it’s so important to be nice to everyone. After all, you really never know what someone is going through, and a simple compliment or smile can truly make a difference in their life. On the other hand, being rude or mean to someone can be detrimental, especially if they are going through something difficult already.

Here’s the thing, in my younger and more insecure days I would have either cried, yelled at her, or insulted her back (maybe all three). But, I chose not to. I knew that starting drama would get me nowhere, and being rude to her back would only be spreading the negative energy even further. Instead, I smiled, turned away, and just ignored her. I decided that rather than giving in to the hatred and the anger, I would make it a point to be even nicer to everyone I came across within the next few days, and compliment as many others as I could. And it worked! Not only did I help make their days just a little bit brighter, but it truly made me feel better about the whole situation. Rather than sulking and focusing on her comments, I felt happier and more energized than ever before.




To the woman who insulted me, I want you to know that I hold no anger towards you. I know that you were probably just having a rough day, and were likely looking for someone to project your feelings onto. I really hope that someday soon, a nice stranger can make your day with a simple compliment or a smile aimed your way. That way, you can see that choosing kindness is better for everyone involved.





Outfit Details:


I bought this top on Morning Lavender last year, and I absolutely love it! The scallop details are so cute. You can dress it up with a skirt or make it casual by pairing it with jeans.

This skirt is from the brand Antonio Melani. It’s on sale and I literally fell in love with the purple floral print!

I’ve been living in these Jessica Simpson shoes lately! The light pink shade is so feminine but still neutral enough to go with almost anything.

This bag is the Kate Spade Bailey Street Vikki in Posy Pink. I couldn’t find the exact one on their website, but I linked a similar one.


Have a great week guys!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram